Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Know Your man: He might be a wolf in sheep’s clothing! It is often said that a woman can easily drive a man to insanity, and make him do very strange things. Some even say that men think with their little heads, while women rule with their hearts. A woman’s love can help a man move mountains; if the relationship does succeed. However, unfortunately, relationships and marriages have a very high percentage rate of failing and up to half of all marriages end in divorce. Many a times the problem however is not the actual demise of the relationship, but the reaction to the break-up by both parties. I wonder if my new man will switch if I ever break it off with him. Generally speaking, most women after a break-up will bawl their eyes out for a few weeks and call their girlfriends on the phone who will most certainly tell her, “Girl you were too good for him anyways; he never deserved you.” Whether they are correct in their statements or not, we can always depend on our girls to boost our spirits and take us out on a girls night-out .This will last for weeks of course; but then the sun will shine again and our beautiful smiles will re-appear as we hit the gym to of course, “Get our sexy back.” Forever thinking to ourselves, “Watch me and him when I see him again. I gwaan mek him mouth drop to the floor.” Dieting, the gym and our girlfriends are our tools for revenge. In a few months time that man will be forgotten, as she moves on to another, better you; with bigger biceps and fuller lips of course. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned! When a man breaks up with a woman however, often times it is never that easy; whether he is in the wrong or not. His reaction to his wife, girlfriend or lover, is often filled with rage, spitefulness and revenge; especially when it is clear that there is will be no reconciliation. “Listen Sandy, you have to understand that a man never ever wants to see his woman with another man, whether he left her or not,” my male friends try to explain. “Ina his mind, you are forever his, and imagining you making love to another man will eat him alive.” Could that be the answer to all of life’s questions? Are men ultimately dependent on the love of a woman to survive, so much that World War Three might occur if he does not get his way? More importantly, are women such powerful human beings that with the swirl of our hips and the touch of our hands, we are able to control men; if we so desire? Is this power ultimately too destructive if misused, and sometimes unfortunately ,misunderstood? It does bewilder me the antics of a few ex-lovers when I have chosen to leave; and never return. Similar to every other woman in this world, their reactions towards me have been mixed with contempt, to outright spitefulness. “Yu must have given him something real sweet Sandy, fe mek him a gwaan so,” my friends laugh while we discuss the situation. “Fe yu loving must be real good girl,” they snicker. “Some people just do not know how to let go,” I reply. However flattering this may be, the prospect of getting back with an ex has never crossed my mind as. Take the time to really get to know someone,” I encourage my girlfriends these days, wishing that I had listened to my own advice. A year, in my opinion is enough time to really get to know someone; as that is usually enough time for human beings to reveal their true colors.” I do hope that my Mr. Right does not turn out to be a wolf in sheep’s clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment